I love putting pictures on my fridge because I cook and spend a lot of time looking at it. Sometimes, I like to pretty them up a bit and make myself frames for them too. They are super simple to make!
Materials you will need:
-2 pieces of cardstock the same size as your photo
-1 piece of clear plastic the same size as your photo
-1 magnet with an adhesive size (or a normal magnet and heavy duty glue)
-Any decor items your heart desires but try to keep them light! (Optional)
1. Cut a piece of cardstock to the same size as your photo (or larger if you want it more decorative). Cut out a rectangle (or whatever shape you want) on the inside to the size of the image you want visible. Make sure you don’t cut through the frame of the cardstock unless you want to have to cover it with a sticker or a flower or a button or…
2. Cut a piece of clear plastic to be larger than the inside part of your frame but smaller than the outer part. You want it to cover the hole but not peek out around the edges. I have bought clear plastic like you would use on an overhead projector sheet but sometimes I also use the clear plastic sheets that most stickers come on these days. Cut adhesive to be smaller than the border of the cardstock, lay them down paying special attention to corners. Stick the plastic down.
3. Place adhesive on the edges of the plastic that are covered by the frame (you don’t want to see them from the side that faces outward). Stick down your photo. If the photo is smaller than the frame make sure you center it where it will be visible through the frame.
4. Take a second piece of cardstock and cut it to the same size as the frame. Stick your magnet on one side.
4. You should now have two pieces of your frame sandwich, a top with plastic and the photo and a bottom with a magnet. Add adhesive to the back of the photo and stick the two sides together with the magnet on the back facing out and the frame cardstock facing out on the other side.
And voila! You should now have a cute picture in a frame for your fridge! These would also be really cute for a locker!